The Entertainment Industry Challenge brings together Hollywood’s studios, production companies, and agencies in fun and fierce competition to raise money for pediatric cancer research at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
There are three distances to choose from:
- Classic Distance: 0.5-mile swim , 17-mile bike, 4-mile run
- Olympic Distance: 1.5K swim, 40K bike, 10K run
- Long Course: 1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike, 13.1-mile run
The Classic Distance will take place on Sunday, September 27th. The Olympic and Long Course distances will take place on Saturday, September 26th. Here are just a few reasons to participate in the challenge:
- Build camaraderie and teamwork among coworkers
- Reach personal fitness goals
- Raise funds for a great cause! The Malibu Triathlon raises over $1 million each year for pediatric cancer research at CHLA. The event has raised $15 million to date.
To participate in the Entertainment Industry Challenge, individuals are responsible for the race entry fee plus a minimum of $250 in pledges/donations. Relay teams are responsible for the race entry fee plus a minimum of $250 per athlete in pledges/donations. All donations must be received by Friday, September 4th in order to be counted for team racking and early packet pick-up.
Participants in the Entertainment Industry Challenge will receive:
- Reserved registration and team racking in transition area.
- Event t-shirt, hat, and goody bag.
- Reception and private tour at CHLA.
- Fundraising Picnic in Zuma Beach
- Donor brunch entry (with $350 fundraising minimum)
- Swim clinic series (with $350 fundraising minimum)
- Early packet pick-up in Burbank (with $500 fundraising minimum)
- Additional incentive prizes (see Fundraising Incentive Prizes)
Entertainment Industry Challenge teams can compete for the following awards:
- Entertainment Living Proof. This award is given to the entertainment industry company that raises the most money for Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. The winning team receives a special plaque.
- Highest Average Fundraising Team. The fundraising team with the highest average will receive a plaque and personalized packet pick-up for the 2020 race at their office a week before race weekend.
Note: If your company participates in the challenge, you are still eligible to win an award in your age group/division.
- Team spots must have been registered by June 1, 2020.
- Teams must have paid for their spots by June 1, 2020.
- Entertainment Industry athletes must register here: http://bit.ly/EICCC2020.
- Relay teams may have one athlete complete two legs of the race.
- Relay teams may be all female, all male, or mixed.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A huge thank you to our current Entertainment Industry teams!